Introduce yourself!

A place to talk about things that have nothing to do with Re:Spite, such as news, other sites, or real life.
Scias

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Scias » Dec 14th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Problem I have with raiding in majority of the mmo's I've played (WoW etc), is that they make it the only way to obtain the best gear is through raiding. So if you want to make progress you're forced to grind the raids.

The dungeons and raids they make with each update increase in difficulty only narrowing down your chances of getting through to the finish. These difficulty increases are like, you can stand only on these 4 tiles or wipe, now you can stand only on these 2 tiles or wipe, now only on this 1 tile, now you can only stand on this pixel here to a point where only few players will be able to actually get the gear. If you look at it very simplified, at start the dungeons/raids are like lets say classic Mario difficulty, and after many updates it will get to a point that the dungeons/raids look like those Insane Mario levels. I feel like it forces you to grind mindlessly and put a lot of time and effort against an AI which doesn't use any effort in return, and it doesn't feel like it took a lot effort from devs either to make the path to victory tighter with each update. Not to mention that when players do finish the insanity dungeons, if they don't get the item they were looking for it only gets increasingly more disappointing.

I don't mind the insanely difficult content being there for players who want the challenge, but I don't think you should be forced to do it.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Dec 14th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Danno wrote:
Phantom wrote: (Phantom on TFG for those who played that)
o i no u
Good Dinno

Macora

Post by Macora » Dec 16th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Hello everybody! My name is Jordan, I'm 26, and I've been a gamer for the majority of my life! I remember playing EO back in 2004-2005 (I forget when, it was the update right before combat was implemented), and I was a pretty consistent player up until 2008 when the duping and bot problem started to really hit the fan.

Shortly after I was talking with a good friend of mine called Andrei (I think his screen name was Fundrei?), who gave me a link to a private server created by Cascade that he called EOR (Endless Online Remake), and I fell back in love with the game. I even created a guide and helped moderate for a few months! Around the end of my stay there school and life had started to put the squeeze on my psyche, and I started to act like a complete jerk to the people around me. I resolved to drop everything and just focus on my life until I got things figured out.

A few weeks ago the thought of EO came back into my head, and I decided to search around for nostalgia's sake. Lo and behold I found out about this project on the subreddit! Needless to say, this game looks very promising and I'm more than willing to jump back into the waters! I hope to get to know you all personally and become fast friends! Very excited to see what the future of this game holds. :)

Harlan
Programmer

Post by Harlan » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:02 pm

Macora wrote: Hello everybody! My name is Jordan, I'm 26, and I've been a gamer for the majority of my life! I remember playing EO back in 2004-2005 (I forget when, it was the update right before combat was implemented), and I was a pretty consistent player up until 2008 when the duping and bot problem started to really hit the fan.

Shortly after I was talking with a good friend of mine called Andrei (I think his screen name was Fundrei?), who gave me a link to a private server created by Cascade that he called EOR (Endless Online Remake), and I fell back in love with the game. I even created a guide and helped moderate for a few months! Around the end of my stay there school and life had started to put the squeeze on my psyche, and I started to act like a complete jerk to the people around me. I resolved to drop everything and just focus on my life until I got things figured out.

A few weeks ago the thought of EO came back into my head, and I decided to search around for nostalgia's sake. Lo and behold I found out about this project on the subreddit! Needless to say, this game looks very promising and I'm more than willing to jump back into the waters! I hope to get to know you all personally and become fast friends! Very excited to see what the future of this game holds. :)
Welcome Jordan. We hope you stick around :).

swordEnthusiast

Post by swordEnthusiast » Dec 22nd, 2017, 10:08 am

Hello!

I don't think I've ever played EO before, but I've always been a fan of old school MMOs/multiplayer games. I've played a lot of browser games back in the 2000s, but the most memorable would have to be Runescape. If you've ever played Runescape before the Grand Exchange came, you'd know that social interaction was a big part of the game. Players would gather at towns, spamming chat with the items they were buying or selling. Other players would just sit around chatting with each other, and they wouldn't mind if another player joined them. I didn't have many friends at the time, so it was all a mindboggling experience for me, to be able to socialize with players across the globe.

Overall, that social aspect was what kept me coming back to the game, but I eventually lost interest. Nowadays, a lot of OSRS (the 2007 version of Runescape separate from RS3) is min-maxing your experience gains. You don't really see random people just get together chatting anymore, so I never really got back into the game. Over the years I kept looking for a game that could scratch that itch to connect with people, but I never could.

Fast forward to 2017, my mind wanders off and I suddenly remember about Stick RPG. I take a quick nostalgia trip and remember Meteolife; a Stick RPG clone made by Danno back in the early 2000s. I remember about Cloudflash, which was his personal site. I used to visit his site a lot back in the days to read his comics, my favorite of which was Final World Quest. So I go to his site and read his latest blog post, which happened to be about Re:Spite. And that's the series of coincidences that lead me here! I'm really excited about the game! I've already followed the game on all social media, as well as Discord, so hopefully I don't miss a thing. I'm looking forward to eventually playing the game with all of you!

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Dec 22nd, 2017, 2:32 pm

I'm flattered that my miscellaneous projects made you interested enough to follow my work! My apologies for the lack of updates on many of said projects, including Final World Quest. I still have plans to continue it at some point, but Re:Spite takes priority for me.

The social experience you described in RuneScape sounds exactly like what we're aiming for here. Hopefully it'll meet your expectations!
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Muttley

Post by Muttley » Dec 27th, 2017, 10:51 am

Hello community,
My name is Muttley (Not irl, that would be Brendan). I am 24 years of age and I am an avid gamer, mainly ps4 right now but loving the thought of playing a game that reminds me so much of the EO days.

Chrysothemis

Post by Chrysothemis » May 8th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Hey, my nickname's Snipe. I played EO ~2005 or earlier??? I don't remember my screen name (I was in middle school so it was probably something cringy.) but it was my first MMO. I remembered Endless yesterday and went a-searching through r/EndlessOnline until I saw the announcement post for the game's release date, so I got curious. Seems like I came at a good time, too. I'm decided to come here in the hope I'd get a similar experience to EO... minus the lack of combat, anyway. :P

A cool fact about me... I'm a roleplayer, so I'll likely be doing a lot of that if a community for it blossoms. I also knit irl.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » May 12th, 2018, 11:50 pm

Whats up everyone! When i get my PC up and running ill hop on, it looks great!

Jimmy / Highlife / Kingofpurple, etc

Kokiri

Post by Kokiri » May 17th, 2018, 12:56 am

Hi, I'm kokiri. I don't normally post introductions but I do plan on being active in the community so why not?

I also come from EO, have been playing since the ripe age of 13, I'm 27 now. I have gone by many not very well known screen names; Atayumi, Khaos, Kirael and mystic are a few.
Here's my very first screenie of Atayumi. PROOF, I am a loser. Lol

Nah but I have always been into more retro themed games and small communities so looking forward to seeing what this grows into. :)

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » May 18th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Welcome, everybody newer than me :> Nice name, Kokiri. My alt on clone is Deku p:

Kokiri

Post by Kokiri » May 20th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Perish wrote: Welcome, everybody newer than me :> Nice name, Kokiri. My alt on clone is Deku p:
Nice :D Big zelda geek here and thanks.

Poe

Post by Poe » May 28th, 2018, 1:15 pm

What is your name?
Poe
What's a cool fact about you?
I've eaten every item menu at McDonalds.
What are you most looking forward to about Re:Spite?
Fishing

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mar 6th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Hey!
My IGN is Andrew which so happens to be my real name (lack of creativity xD). I started playing Endless Online when I was in 3rd or 4th grade which would make me 9 or 10 at the time. I had many IGNs but my first & only one I remember is Koolmanghostd (or some spelling like that.. It was so long ago..).

I am 22 and 6'2, I'm a car enthusiast, I'm a college grad, and like many of you EO was a big part of my childhood.
"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f**** I do not give." - Kirito

BearHero

Post by BearHero » Apr 14th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Hey, I just wanted to pop in here and say how excited I am to have found this game/community. My connection stems from EO, but I have always valued Danno's input into community discussion. To be honest, I always found most of that EO community to be rather toxic, but Danno and his circle of friends (I recall Hiro and others) brought a casualness that I liked. I shifted from EO to The Forbidden Gates (what a waste), but it was after that when I lost most of my connection to any part of the original EO community.

When EO pops in my mind from time to time, I'll search up Cloudflash and see what projects Danno is working on. The most recent update from January led me here, and I am sad that I have found this at a time of hiatus, but I am excited to join when the game returns.

For anyone curious, I went as "Bear" on The Forbidden Gates.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Apr 17th, 2019, 12:29 am

It's been a while, Bear! I'm surprised and flattered you keep a vague watch on my works. I wish I had more time to create things, but I'm all tied up until the end of this month, at least. Hopefully the hiatus won't last more than a month or two as I'm also sad to see it offline.

If it's any consolation, you aren't missing much at the moment. The content and gameplay is still far below what EO and TFG had established, though we're working our way up and will go beyond the apparent ambitions those projects displayed. If you recall the nature of my endless tl;dr rants and critique on MMO gameplay, hopefully it'll sound promising when I say: I want this game to be worth playing by my own standards.
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014