Forums

A place to talk about things that have nothing to do with Re:Spite, such as news, other sites, or real life.
Cruise

Forums

Post by Cruise »

Make it so it resizes your large images 2 reasonable size.

Pls.

thanks.
Psyngelic

Re: Forums

Post by Psyngelic »

I don't know, I think that 125x125 is pretty reasonable! It keeps all of the forum posts neatly lined up, and it really helps to prevent unnecessary forum clutter as well.
Harlan

Post by Harlan »

Unfortunately it's not as easy as marking a checkbox. We have to go through and make a few edits and additions to some of the phpbb files. We'll add it in once we get some time. I think Narrlocke mentioned something like this a few days ago.
Psyngelic

Post by Psyngelic »

Abi wrote: I think Narrlocke mentioned something like this a few days ago.
Mhm, I think that he mentioned something about signatures.
Harlan

Post by Harlan »

Aubrey wrote:
Goldfish memory at it again. I think he sort of referenced something about auto-re sizable images.
Narrlocke

Post by Narrlocke »

Abi wrote:
Aubrey wrote:
Goldfish memory at it again. I think he sort of referenced something about auto-re sizable images.
I said nothing like that. I asked if you had getImageSize function disabled in signatures intentionally. (Which disables image embedding in signatures entirely, unrelated to embed scaling, and was not a suggestion of any kind but a simple question as I was trying to use an image for the link in my signature but was getting denied.)

Appropriate to the original post: the forum runs off of phpbb, so it depends whether thats a functionality of the software or not.

And I personally think the current image size for avatars is fine. Auto downscaling would be really nice though. For now, you can use an online image resizer to scale your picture to 125x125 but I could see the annoyance.
Danno
Artist

Post by Danno »

There's nothing complicated about increasing avatar sizes, phpBB has built-in functionality to let us set the size in the admin control panel. I don't remember if I messed with some files, though, which might be very particular about the max avatar size (I probably did mess with such files).
Does it really need to be bigger? I used to like big avatars, now I just kinda feel like it stretches the page too much. It reserves a ton of space for your post even if you only write 1 sentence, then there's just a ton of blank space.

I'll look into the auto-resize thing. I agree, it's annoying having to very specifically make your avatar 125x125 or less ahead of time.

I believe images are enabled for signatures? I haven't tried it yet, but you should be allowed to use 200x500 images in signatures.
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

DUDE 125x125 IS TINY. None of the images I had saved fit the description and I have an entire folder of avatars. These avatars work on other sites like CF.
Scias

Post by Scias »

I really like how little empty space there is currently, the avatar size is fine there just needs to be auto-resizing.