Marketing

Let us know what you're thinking about Re:Spite! Post any suggestions here.
Putin

Marketing

Post by Putin » Dec 10th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Just made an account today. I was searching for a game like this for quite some time. It has similar look and feel as Endless Online which I used to play some 10 years back. I feel that this might be another game which I will remember a few decades later, and tell my children about it :P.

A small suggestion about the marketing aspect though. When I was searching for the game, I used keywords like "2d game like endless online", a bunch of results came up leading to various forums and also some old reddit posts, but none of the forums/posts suggested this game. I accidentally stumbled upon this game when I was going through the EO subreddit just for nostalgia.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessOnline/ ... g_respite/

I understand that the game is a different and independent MMORPG and any official reference to one of its rival games might not be appropriate, but the keywords I mentioned are probably what most of your potential playerbase is searching, and some unofficial posts on these forums might be a good idea. Also, EOserv.net, if it isn't posted there already.
Ukraine is ours, Belarus is ours;
Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia is ours.

Mess with me, and I will make the stupidest person in your country win the presidential elections.

Danno
Artist

Re: Marketing

Post by Danno » Dec 11th, 2018, 7:14 am

If you searched just "2D MMO", you'd find us near the top of the results ;--)

There are so many EO fan sites and private servers that I don't think we can compete with them when it comes to the keyword "Endless Online", unfortunately. I feel like EO private servers wouldn't appreciate us advertising on their forums and stealing their players, so I'll leave that sort of thing up to you, the players! It'd look less fiendish if their existing community members would post stuff like "hay guise, I found a 2D game like Endless Online" instead of me personally going there and posting "Hello, I am Danno, the pixel artist for a new 2D isometric MMORPG with similarities to Endless Online."

We did post a few times on the EO subreddit, which is a little awkward, too, but it seems like lots of people post their projects there. It also helps me feel less guilty since the subreddit is basically dead and unmoderated.

Anywhosel, thanks for the feedback.
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mar 5th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Is there a plan for marketing at this point? I plan on making a post in general discussion about marketing by us players and fans and discuss ideas that would/could bring Re-Spite to the public.
"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f**** I do not give." - Kirito

Harlan
Programmer

Post by Harlan » Mar 5th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Danno has been posting our game profile on mmo sites + managing social media ( every time we update ). That's the plan right now. Many of our players will disagree, but the game isn't ready yet. It needs to be more polished in order for us to market it as a 'real mmorpg'. Danno and I discussed it and we want to accomplish these things before actually getting serious about marketing:

- Have more long term gameplay. Currently people can clear the content in 10~ hours. I guess maybe even less ( this doesn't including grinding ). So we'll need features like a quest engine, maps, ... to keep the game more engaging.
- Fix annoying bugs. There are a few bugs inside the client/server core related to on-demand sprite creation, the user interface, and the server that I need to work out.
-Make transitioning in the game more smooth - a.k.a moving from newb->amateur->pro I guess. Things are a little rocky when you first join. Our previous update tried to fix that, and it did help but we need to balance things a bit more and keep that sort of trend going.

If anyone has more ideas on how to do this ( points 1 & 3 ). Post it in suggestions. If you notice something out of place/overly difficult, we seriously want to know. It's hard to get a feel of the game without criticism from the end-users.