Art Contest: Decor

The latest news regarding game updates, events, and other important matters.
Danno
Artist

Art Contest: Decor

Post by Danno » Feb 1st, 2020, 1:08 pm

In the latest Weekly Spoiler post, I gave a sneak peek at some new pixelated paintings that will be used to decorate the game's world. It turned out to be a pretty fun change of pace for me, so I thought I'd share the fun with everyone else.

Introducing Re:Spite's first art contest! It's fairly simple: you draw a Re:Spite-themed picture, I select some winner(s), then I remake the drawing as an in-game painting. Here are some guidelines to follow:

*The submission should be of something found in-game. It can be creatively arranged, such as my painting of Re:Spite fruits in a bowl (despite no bowl existing in-game).

*Feel free to use your own colors and style! The submission doesn't require matching characteristics to what inspired it.

*The submission should not be an exact replica of what inspired it. For example, if you want to draw a monster or NPC, try drawing it in a different pose compared to how it's seen in-game.

*It would be preferable for the submission to have a background, not just have a white background.

*It would be preferable for the submission to be fully colored.

*The submission should be at least 400x400 px in size, but you can make it bigger.

*The submission does not have to be high quality work - it can have sketchy line art, messy coloring, or even be crudely drawn. Feel free to draw it in MS Paint or an online drawing app if you don't have dedicated art software. Non-artists are welcome to give this a shot!

*You can loosely keep in mind how small the paintings are in-game, so don't worry too much about the smaller details. Don't be afraid to draw things however you want, though; leave the scaling worries to me!

You have until February 22, 2020 to turn in your work. Just go ahead and post it in this topic when it's ready. Limit of 3 submissions per person, 1 prize per person. I'm not sure how many winners I'll select, it'll just be based on what I personally feel like adding to the game. The winner(s) will also receive some sort of item prize in-game and potentially have their work featured on our barren "Fan Art" page!

"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Psyngelic

Re: Art Contest: Decor

Post by Psyngelic » Feb 12th, 2020, 12:36 am

Last edited by Psyngelic on Feb 16th, 2020, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cevil

Post by Cevil » Feb 12th, 2020, 5:31 pm

That's awesome, great work there Psy.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Feb 15th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Nicely done, let's hope we see more than just one entry! )-:

Psyngelic

Post by Psyngelic » Feb 16th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Cevil wrote:
That's awesome, great work there Psy.
Thank you! =]
Danno wrote: Nicely done, let's hope we see more than just one entry! )-:
Thank you, and I wouldn't worry too much. I know of at least two others that sounded like they planned on submitting something. In the meantime I decided to submit a joke entry as well.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Feb 17th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Joke entries are more than welcome!

Well, in light of Abi's recent announcement, I can no longer guarantee that the contest entries will actually make it into the game, but I'll still try to get them added if I can find out how to. The contest is still open and in-game prizes are still available, for whatever they're worth. In the worst case scenario, you can think of your fan art as a final celebration of what Re:Spite was, though it is my intention to keep the game running forever if I can.

Partesius Paximus

Post by Partesius Paximus » Feb 17th, 2020, 5:49 pm

This is my birbekportrait.png
SpoilerShow
birbekportrait.png
birbekportrait.png (210.68 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Warning: User was caught violating Terms of Service within the past year. Apply caution when interacting with this user.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Mar 21st, 2020, 2:01 pm

About a month late, but here we go. Both entries were good and qualified for an in-game pixel painting and prize.
2020-03-21_fan-art-summary.png
2020-03-21_fan-art-summary.png (201.67 KiB) Viewed 76 times
The game's sorta in a coma at the moment, so let's just say I.O.U. one (1) prize when things pick up again. ty 4 participating, it was fun to recreate the art in tiny pixels. I'll probably do another contest like this again in the future.

These magnificent art pieces have been added to the Fan Art page (I'll try and display them nicer later).