Release Date Confirmed

The latest news regarding game updates, events, and other important matters.
Danno
Artist

Release Date Confirmed

Post by Danno » Apr 30th, 2018, 8:21 pm

After countless delays, we finally have some good news to share! We've decided on a release date: MAY 12, 2018.

It took a lot longer than we initially expected, but we'd like to think it was worth taking the time to add what we did. These features include: better controls and user friendliness; proper character creation and customization; private message and global chat systems; chest and signpost functionality; more graphics to flesh out the world better; a solid foundation for the combat system (when we're ready to implement it). With these additions, players will be able to express themselves better through their appearance, stay connected better through our new chat options, and interact with the world more. We're just tying up the loose ends on these features and doing some final bug tests, then we'll work on adding more actual content to the game.

Anyway, we're quite excited to finally bring Re:Spite to the public and watch people explore the little world we've created. We extend our thanks to those who have been following the project and providing moral support so far. The game might feel a little bare at first, but we invite you to share the experience of watching Re:Spite grow into something spectacular!

"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Harlan
Programmer

Re: Release Date Confirmed

Post by Harlan » Apr 30th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I've been sitting on this for awhile now..
29cmbl.jpg
29cmbl.jpg (17.27 KiB) Viewed 5383 times
woooooooooo

Magnus3288

Post by Magnus3288 » May 1st, 2018, 6:45 am

Finally. Can't wait to play it.

Nezzy

Post by Nezzy » May 1st, 2018, 11:13 am

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

Vendo

Post by Vendo » May 1st, 2018, 3:40 pm

Great news.
Danno wrote: The game might feel a little bare at first, but we invite you to share the experience of watching Re:Spite grow into something spectacular! [/p]
Completely understandable upon an initial release.
Looking forward to the developments to come.
The Wanderer
. . .

Disco

Post by Disco » May 1st, 2018, 7:43 pm

Scwheet, looks like I decided on a good day to come.

Muttley

Post by Muttley » May 4th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Yes, cannot wait!!!!

Phantom

Post by Phantom » May 5th, 2018, 11:38 am

Stoked!

dikas

Post by dikas » May 7th, 2018, 8:25 pm

Good news! I'll be there!

Heasarc

Post by Heasarc » May 9th, 2018, 12:05 am

Yesss I can't wait to give this a go! Been waiting on this for months.

Rongaeus Zyllustro

Post by Rongaeus Zyllustro » May 9th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Hi there Re:Spite community and members.
I have joined Re:Spite recently since I was looking for a new 2DMMORPG online and I stumbled upon Re:Spite.com the day before yesterday,so I began reading Re:Spite news and everything else I got hooked to Re:Spite afterwards after seeing Re:Spite screenshot,the arts etc and how dedicated the team is about making Re:Spite dream and it's future a reality.I really like how Danno and Abi and their team are taking their project (Re:Spite) to be something unique and 100% original.

Trust me sometimes and maybe often or not even (AAA games copy sounds etc from other games and or sources many times over) which I personally don't like since it's not something new and unique or is from them entirely.

So to you Danno and Abi kudos to you and your team and may Re:Spite have a prosperous life and journey and on wards for the future guys and girls!! I wish the team behind Re:Spite nothing but the best of luck!! :)

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » May 9th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Rongaeus Zyllustro wrote: Hi there Re:Spite community and members.
I have joined Re:Spite recently since I was looking for a new 2DMMORPG online and I stumbled upon Re:Spite.com the day before yesterday,so I began reading Re:Spite news and everything else I got hooked to Re:Spite afterwards after seeing Re:Spite screenshot,the arts etc and how dedicated the team is about making Re:Spite dream and it's future a reality.I really like how Danno and Abi and their team are taking their project (Re:Spite) to be something unique and 100% original.

Trust me sometimes and maybe often or not even (AAA games copy sounds etc from other games and or sources many times over) which I personally don't like since it's not something new and unique or is from them entirely.

So to you Danno and Abi kudos to you and your team and may Re:Spite have a prosperous life and journey and on wards for the future guys and girls!! I wish the team behind Re:Spite nothing but the best of luck!! :)
Thanks for the kind words and support! We're quite proud to be making everything from scratch.

You used "Re:Spite" 10 times in your post. That's a lot of Re:Spite!

James

Post by James » May 12th, 2018, 7:19 am

Can't wait to play it today! :)

Rongaeus Zyllustro

Post by Rongaeus Zyllustro » May 12th, 2018, 1:16 pm

James wrote:Can't wait to play it today! :)
Lol same here,but to be honest with you all I do think Re:Spite should have went through at least like 3 closed beta tests or so before official release....most MMO's/MMORPG's does that.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » May 12th, 2018, 5:19 pm

We did have one closed test in December 2017, then we also had a group of testers try things out last month or something. We figured it was about time we just release the game, though, since it's functioning pretty well. We'll patch in bug fixes and other improvements as we go along, allowing players to enjoy the game for what it is so far rather than waiting another few months.