Hiatus

The latest news regarding game updates, events, and other important matters.
Harlan
Programmer

Hiatus

Post by Harlan » Apr 7th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Hello,

Development across the board will be halted for a 1 to 2 month hiatus due to obligations in our real lives not allowing us to focus on the game as much as we would like. We'll be spending the time to focus on our real lives ( which take priority ), and then to discuss how to handle future development in a much more reliable and efficient manner.

I made the call to take down the gameserver during this break, because I will be unable to patch any exploits found. The current game core on both ends is old/flawed, and can be rewritten to perform much more efficiently and securely. It's better to play it safe than to risk the data of our wonderful fanbase ( there won't be a wipe when we're back up ). I hope this post doesn't sound as if we've thrown in the towel or lost all motivation. We're still very much interested in developing the game, but we just need a proper break.

We'll be back soon with more features and updates, so keep an eye out.

Long live Oracle.

Augie

Re: Hiatus

Post by Augie » Apr 7th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Aye, long live Oracle.

Thank you for the update Abi. I'm sure I speak for many when I say good luck to both of you in your personal matters. Breaks are needed sometimes.

I still look forward to the day Re:Spite launches on Patreon or a similar platform.

Partesius Paximus

Re: Hiatus

Post by Partesius Paximus » Apr 8th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Daosh, brothers.