Introduce yourself!

A place to talk about things that have nothing to do with Re:Spite, such as news, other sites, or real life.
Mild Mannered Nate
Writer

Introduce yourself!

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Oct 29th, 2017, 5:34 am

Hello folks, and welcome to the Re:Spite forums.

Feel free to tell us a little about you - such as:

What is your name?
What's a cool fact about you?
Who were you on EO? (If you played!)
What are you most looking forward to about Re:Spite?

These questions are just examples of course, feel free to talk about anything you like!

I'll start:

Hello! I'm Nate, Re:Spite's writer/co-designer/procrastinator. I'm 25, currently live in Australia, but I am originally from the USA. I moved here specifically to be with my partner, whom I met on Endless Online (Re:Spite's main inspiration). I have two rescue cats. I work as a mortician IRL. I am an avid pc/console gamer, of course, with my favourite game of all time being Final Fantasy Tactics. Close second is Dark Souls 1.

I hope the community and the game we're building here with you guys is extremely memorable for you all. Once again, welcome to the forums!

salexov

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by salexov » Oct 29th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Hello!

It is nice to meet everyone!

I am a film student in the UK and played as "donimmoe" on Endless Online. I especially enjoyed the competitiveness F the Top 100 Players & Guilds with the social aspect side making the game really enjoyable, I think a lot of us would love to have a game to play with that amount of social creativity so would love to support Re:Spite's success and also it's idea of being a spiritual successor.

In my free time I make films, write screenplays, dance, sing and still love gaming on my N64!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
-S

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Oct 30th, 2017, 3:17 am

helo

I first took on the name "Danno" when creating my character on Endless Online because the name "Danny" was already taken. That was in 2005. I was 16 at the time and just couldn't get enough of that game. I believe I clocked in over 5000 hours on EO according to its #usage command. I thoroughly enjoyed dressing up my character, interacting with randoms (helping newbs or meeting new people), and fighting in the arena.

12 years later, I'm now 28 and eager to revive and improve the EO experience. It's been my dream to make a 2D isometric MMO ever since I was 15. I've made 3 serious attempts at creating one in the past. This is my fourth try and I've got a good feeling about it with my current skill level, the experience I've gained over the years, and the team we've formed.
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Mild Mannered Nate
Writer

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Nov 1st, 2017, 1:19 am

salexov wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017, 7:28 pm
Hello!

It is nice to meet everyone!

I am a film student in the UK and played as "donimmoe" on Endless Online. I especially enjoyed the competitiveness F the Top 100 Players & Guilds with the social aspect side making the game really enjoyable, I think a lot of us would love to have a game to play with that amount of social creativity so would love to support Re:Spite's success and also it's idea of being a spiritual successor.

In my free time I make films, write screenplays, dance, sing and still love gaming on my N64!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
-S
Welcome to the forum! What part of the UK if you don't mind me asking? I never heard of you on EO, but the reverse is probably true lol - my name was Klauser on EO.

You're a filmmaker eh, have you ever made anything on the internet, e.g. YouTube? I never got into the N64, I was always a sony fanboy myself :P

Rani

Post by Rani » Nov 1st, 2017, 2:57 pm

Hello! I thought id introduce myself too!

My name is Rani, im 20 and already addicted to Re:Spite!
I like gaming (obviously), being outside, bodybuilding, reading and drawing from time to time! In the future i want to be a space scientist! And thats kinda it! I cant wait to meet everyone in the game!

X

Sholto

Post by Sholto » Nov 5th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Hi everyone!

Really stoked to see there's a game being created in homage to Endless Online! Found out about y'all on the EO subreddit (I check every now and then) and was immediately hooked. I've been lurking around these forums and the reddit for quite some time now, but figured it was about time to come out of the shadows.

A little bit about myself: My actual name is Daniel and I'm 19 years old living in Connecticut; on EO I went by the name "Totoshi" (anyone who knew me back in the EO days, give a shout out!) but I figured I'd switch things up a little bit and use my more recent online name, "Sholto." Hey, new game, new name, right?

Anyway, I'm really interested in things outdoors and love going on hikes and camping - just being outside in general is really nice too. I also live on a farm at University and study Plant Science and English. I'm always down to play video games too, especially if they're EO related, but I haven't been too involved in the online gaming scene recently. When I saw this though, I just had to come back - no resisting.

Can't wait to see the progress on the game and am looking forward to playing it in the future!
-Sholto, "Sower of Seeds"

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 5th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Welcome aboard, nice to see people taking an interest in our work. When we see people get hyped, it helps hype us up, as well. If anyone else is lurking, now's as good a time as any to add to our motivation!

Harlan
Programmer

Post by Harlan » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:40 pm

I guess I should put forth some effort..

What is your name?
Abi

What's a cool fact about you?
I like reading web novels.

Who were you on EO? (If you played!)
I don't remember..

What are you most looking forward to about Re:Spite?
Coding it.

Welcome everyone and we really appreciate your support!

Mild Mannered Nate
Writer

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Nov 6th, 2017, 1:14 am

Abi wrote:Who were you on EO? (If you played!)
I don't remember..
lolirl, inspiring stuff.

Welcome everyone who's coming out of the woodwork! Very happy that you guys are keen to see what we've got going on :)
Sholto wrote: I also live on a farm at University and study Plant Science and English.
Hi Daniel! Welcome to the forums :) What draws you towards plant science? I'm assuming you mean hhhhhherbology and that sort of thing.

Also what's it like living on a farm?
Rani wrote: In the future i want to be a space scientist!
Heya Rani! Looks like we got a lot of scientists onboard... Are you looking to be an astronomer, or more of an astrophysicist? I assume there's a difference lol...

Once again guys, welcome and we hope you enjoy the game and the community. :)

Sholto

Post by Sholto » Nov 6th, 2017, 11:06 am

Mild Mannered Nate wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017, 1:14 am
Sholto wrote: I also live on a farm at University and study Plant Science and English.
Hi Daniel! Welcome to the forums :) What draws you towards plant science? I'm assuming you mean hhhhhherbology and that sort of thing.

Also what's it like living on a farm?
Hey Nate, my interest in plant science stems from my general interest in nature and the environment. I grew up reading nature classics and authors like Thoreau and Steinbeck, so some if not most of my interest comes from that - I also grew up in a house in the woods, so there's that too. In terms of what I actually study, I mostly focus on natural resources and agriculture, so there's definitely a little bit of herbology in there.

Living on a farm is pretty sweet! It's interesting balancing farm work with schoolwork, but the other students and I tend to have no problem doing so. Some days we'll have to wake up as early as 5:00am to do things like weed plots and plant seeds, but that's been calming down as winter is coming. It's a really unique experience to be able to live on a farm while at college, so I've found it's been worthwhile. :)
-Sholto, "Sower of Seeds"

Ghostly Apparition

Post by Ghostly Apparition » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Hello, everyone!

Well first, my name is the same as my user name. My name is Aubrey. I can't say that there are any cool facts about myself, other than the fact that I like to draw. I'm not very good at the moment, but I'm working on getting better! In my EO days, I used to go by Waterwoman, which feels like sooo long ago. Sometimes I think back to those days and remember all of the wonderful people that I met and the fun times we shared, but there were also some bad times too.
I would have to say that I'm looking most forward to the social aspect of Re-Spite. I don't really take games too seriously anymore, so if the community portion of said games are nice, then I'm happy! -Smiles- I am also looking forward to the story aspect of Re-Spite as well though.
I honestly can't wait to try it out!

I already see faces that I recognize, as well as faces that I don't, and that is so very nice to see. I hope that we all manage to get along in the end.

Mild Mannered Nate
Writer

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:07 am

Aubrey wrote: I am also looking forward to the story aspect of Re-Spite as well though.
I really hope you won't be disappointed in that department :) Welcome to the forums Aubrey! Gee, you're very familiar...

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » Nov 10th, 2017, 8:23 am

Hey,

My name is Jari, 25 years old. On Endless I went by Punkthered and several other aliases after I lost that. I'm from the US and I play in an indie/alternative rock band called Antler Hopkins. I was just checking out the EO topic on Reddit when I came across the thread for this game and thought it looked pretty neat-O. I look forward to joining fresh new game and giving feedback/ideas if wanted. My favorite game series is The Legend of Zelda.

Nice to meet all of you!

Ghostly Apparition

Post by Ghostly Apparition » Nov 10th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Mild Mannered Nate wrote:
Aubrey wrote: I am also looking forward to the story aspect of Re-Spite as well though.
I really hope you won't be disappointed in that department :) Welcome to the forums Aubrey! Gee, you're very familiar...
I am most definitely not concerned over whether or not I'll disappointed, because I don't feel that I will be. I have faith in your writing ability. -Smiles- Thank you! Now that you mention it, ..you seem quite familiar yourself! -Sticks out tongue-

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 10th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Tide wrote: Hey,

My name is Jari, 25 years old. On Endless I went by Punkthered and several other aliases after I lost that. I'm from the US and I play in an indie/alternative rock band called Antler Hopkins. I was just checking out the EO topic on Reddit when I came across the thread for this game and thought it looked pretty neat-O. I look forward to joining fresh new game and giving feedback/ideas if wanted. My favorite game series is The Legend of Zelda.

Nice to meet all of you!
Your name sounds familiar, though we probably don't know each other. I'm also rather fond of the Zelda series, myself. I like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening best, how 'bout you? I'm hoping to stick a little easter egg into Re:Spite making reference to Link's Awakening, actually.

PS: I saw Mario RPG on your profile as one of your favourites. An excellent choice.

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » Nov 11th, 2017, 8:37 am

Danno wrote:
Tide wrote: Hey,

Nice to meet all of you!
Your name sounds familiar, though we probably don't know each other. I'm also rather fond of the Zelda series, myself. I like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening best, how 'bout you? I'm hoping to stick a little easter egg into Re:Spite making reference to Link's Awakening, actually.

PS: I saw Mario RPG on your profile as one of your favourites. An excellent choice.
I was also in KOL if that means anything to anyone.

I think my favorite Zelda games would be OoT and A Link to the Past, and I love easter eggs. That would be awesome! I already feel like this is going to be a great game. Can't wait to try it out :)

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 11th, 2017, 3:58 pm

I remember the existence of the Krusaders of Light, but there were a lot of people in that guild, so I dunno. Were you on TFG at any point?

Those are also good Zelda games; I've spent many an hour on each of them. You may or may not end up seeing some things in Re:Spite that were inspired by such games. I got the idea for beds from Mario RPG, actually.

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » Nov 12th, 2017, 3:28 pm

I played TFG for a while when it was first being developed until I had no interwebs. I forgot about that, haha! I thought you seemed familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. You were on the forums there as well, right?

Also, I should have caught that lol I was just playing Mario RPG a few days ago. I definitely feel like I have a lot to look forward to now.

p.s. I know I just got here but is there anyone capable of making a name change on here? If it all I started going by a new name on one of the EO servers and I'd like to keep it when this game comes up. p.s.s. thank you.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 12th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Whoops, I meant to enable users to change their own names. You should be able to do it now by going to Account Settings in the User Control Panel: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details

Yeah, I was on the TFG forum; I was mostly on there and never in the actual game (when it was released). I used to give the admins a hard time (---:
I was really hoping at the time that it would meet all our expectations in becoming a spiritual successor to EO. The character sprites looked too weird, though, and it was too focused on bland EO style combat. We've got big plans to make Re:Spite about more than just holding Ctrl or clicking on monsters to cast spells.

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » Nov 12th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Awesome! Thank you. That admin card is pretty awesome too lol good times.

I definitely feel like this game is in good hands. I never really got to see what features were added to TFG in the long haul, but I'm genuinely excited to see what you guys can do! I'm also not hard to please though lol I still love the bland EO style combat. I feel like it's just a super simplified, slower paced Secret of Mana style combat mixed with Final Fantasy Tactics movement or something lmao, but something new would be nice.