Snow

A place to talk about things that have nothing to do with Re:Spite, such as news, other sites, or real life.
Danno
Artist

Snow

Post by Danno » Nov 14th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I made a morbid snow carcass last weekend. I took another picture today now that it has a fresh coat of snow on top.

Note: Contrast added to picture to make it more visible. Kinda hard to see when everything is just white.

Has anyone else ever had any interesting experiences with snow?
"I'll do the art." ~Danno 2014

Sholto

Re: Snow

Post by Sholto » Nov 14th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Ah man, I wish there were snow where I am right now. Been getting later and later every year, sadly. :(

I did have one year though where school was cancelled for an entire week in the beginning of October due to snow. I'd have to say that's the most interesting experience I've had. I'll have to think of some others.

On another note, love the snow carcass. Never thought to make one myself, but it looks awesome! (And mildly creepy)
-Sholto, "Sower of Seeds"

Ghostly Apparition

Post by Ghostly Apparition » Nov 14th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Oh my gosh, that is funny. I love it!

Sadly I haven't really had any experiences with snow, period. Except for maybe when I was like 8-9 years old. I do get snow, but due to poor circulations in my hands, even if I'm wearing two layers of gloves, my hands still become like icicles in a matter of minutes. It's honestly quite painful, and bad enough to the point where I can't grab anything out of my own freezer without my hands being in pain from the cold after only a few seconds.

Mm, ..so instead of an interesting experience with snow, I give you an interesting reason why I haven't had any interesting experiences with snow..? -Laughs-

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Sholto wrote:I did have one year though where school was cancelled for an entire week in the beginning of October due to snow.
I've never had a day off from school due to snow )-:::
All those movies and TV shows about kids having snow days gave me hope, but left me with nothing but despair!

The closest I've had to a snow day is when it snowed so bad that the city bus could not possibly drive on the roads, so I called in and told my manager that I could not physically be transported to work.

Harlan
Programmer

Post by Harlan » Nov 14th, 2017, 3:04 pm

My town got a lot of snow while I was growing up, although not so much anymore. Nothing extremely exciting happened though. I used to go outside and play in the snow for hours with friends, then I'd come inside and my hands would feel like 1000 needles were poking at them when running them under hot water.

Wow you're art'ing in pixel and in real life. Pretty unique.

skutieos
Musician

Post by skutieos » Nov 14th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Danno wrote:
All those movies and TV shows about kids having snow days gave me hope, but left me with nothing but despair!
couldn't help but think "ZETSUBOU SHITA!!!"

anyways, there's no snow in Michigan yet. The most snow I ever got in my lifetime was in 2014, and school was cancelled for over 10 days in my district because it just snowed and snowed and snowed.

In 2016 I had a jury recital (something music students in college do as a final exam) the morning of a very, very snowy day. I wound up arriving at school the night before (after getting my car stuck on the way in), ordering a pizza, and camping out in a practice room over night, because I knew the snow was going to get even worse the following morning. Low and behold, juries were cancelled--for the first time in the history of the music school, as far as I know.

nice job on the snow carcass. I swear if I walked by that casually I'd be worried that someone was actually underneath the snow, frozen to death.

Danno
Artist

Post by Danno » Nov 14th, 2017, 9:09 pm

skutieos wrote:I wound up arriving at school the night before (after getting my car stuck on the way in), ordering a pizza, and camping out
Sounds like fun (potentially).
skutieos wrote:I'd be worried that someone was actually underneath the snow, frozen to death.
I built it too close to the fence, so it's not in a prime location for public visibility, unfortunately. When I have more snow to work with, I'll litter snow carcasses all over the lawn so that at least ONE of them should be visible to people casually walking/driving by. It'd be funny if someone called the police to check them out.

skutieos
Musician

Post by skutieos » Nov 14th, 2017, 10:32 pm

Danno wrote: Sounds like fun (potentially).
it was pretty great. one of my friends had the same idea and we ate pizza together and practiced music late into the night. i slept in a practice room that I'd never slept in. (that's saying a lot because i've slept at my university numerous times)
Danno wrote: I'll litter snow carcasses all over the lawn so that at least ONE of them should be visible to people casually walking/driving by. It'd be funny if someone called the police to check them out.
Sounds kinda sketchy, idk. in retrospect it would be hilarious, but dealing with the cops might be kind of annoying in the mean time. "I swear officer, it's just snow, look" -- "if I had a dollar for every time I heard that one!"

Mild Mannered Nate

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Nov 15th, 2017, 1:10 am

lolirl @ the snowcorpse.

My only snow story: The final Christmas that I spent in America, we had a white Christmas. This was special because Alabama rarely got snow, and the day it did just so happened to be on Christmas day. That's the only white Christmas I've ever seen, personally. It never really snowed enough to do anything artsy/funny, so I would usually just slide down the hill at my house a few times until I got bored and went inside.

Krystal has never seen snow, so the first time she does, we'll probably have a massive snowball fight.

Mild Mannered Nate

Post by Mild Mannered Nate » Nov 17th, 2017, 4:18 am

Maiden of Esna wrote: I will win.....

I don't know what I'll do after I win the snow ball fight.
overconfidence will be your downfall.